Tuesday 27 December 2016

Valle de Bravo with the Gin Explorer: Part 2.

Note: The FlyinOrange has moved to: flyinorange.blog

Continued from Part 1

45 minutes to departure and I sit outside Gate D50 in YVR. A short musing regarding how much impact the once derided Airport Improvement tax has had on the terminal. We normally don't pay much heed in our rush to and fro gates, but sitting here today it is not hard to agree that it was money well spent (when compared to the likes of MEX).

With my section called, I make my way on board to 1D.

No 'single serving friend' seatmate for this flight.

As fellow pax file onboard, OJ and water are offered along with the menu for tonight.

The cheese pasta dish it will be.
At one point I glance up to see a family of 2 adults and 4 children ask the flight attendant for help in merging their split seating. 'Row 26' catches my attention as does a rather irate infant being toted along. Wonder how much the folk stranded around the screamer would be willing to pay to move? In my case, one cannot put a price on sanity (an extension of 'the quality of an experience is remembered long after price is forgotten').

Take off and climb out are uneventful. The forward class flight attendant begins with drink service followed by meals. My late arrival, early start, and long day ahead makes for no alcohol tonight - water and my main course only.

The cheese pasta dish.
5 hours fly by in a blur of repeated food and drink offerings.

030 hrs local time we touch down and I race off for immigration and customs. For naught it is, as it takes an hour to clear the near empty queue. Bag quickly collected (the benefit of the 'Priority' tag F/J class pax get) and off in search of the Camino Real hotel attached to the airport.

Opposite end of the terminal, upper floor, and across a skybridge sits my new home for the next 4 hours until my ride to Valle, Ignacio, lands from Argentina.

Till then ... sleep.

Continued in Part 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment