Wednesday 1 March 2017

Packed up.

Note: The FlyinOrange has moved to: flyinorange.blog

Sometimes, just sometimes I even impress myself.

The travel kit is down to the bare minimum with the wing, harness, reserve, and all of my clothing in a 60 litre glider bag (for reference, a typical glider bag runs about 110 litres - so I am working with just over half the capacity many of my counterparts will be travelling with).


3 outfits of clothing in the Scrubba (my portable washing machine).

Glider in ultralight concertina bag.

Gin X-Lite bag with Skywalk RangeAir, Source hydration pouch and the Scrubba.

Wing added.

And voila.


Likewise the carry on is little more than a 5.11 MOAB 6 (with approximately 16 litres capacity) with my helmet strapped to the outside (using the included 5.11 Tier system straps looped around the chin strap).

Carry on + helmet.
This setup allows for the glider bag to be back mounted while the MOAB rides in the front. Call it lessons learned galavanting around the globe going from plane to train to bus to foot and back. No suitcases or drag bags here. Mobility is key.

Full kit + the obligatory One Shot Tactical 'Team Canada' cap.


No comments:

Post a Comment